Monday, April 27, 2009

DTSGS parts progress

So, a quick snap of some of the (mostly) completed parts so far:

spark gap parts, book the first

Soon, some Delrin rod will arrive, after which I shall be able to verify its diameter (I have learned not to trust catalog-provided dimensions), then make the bolt circles in the end caps and proceed with end cap fabrication. The end caps are going to be interesting. I begin to understand why companies like Maxwell Laboratories or Titan PSD charge many kilobucks for these devices.

I am beginning to wonder whether I could make money at this. I think I do not know enough yet about the field to act as any sort of consultant or manufacturer, however.  And I'm weak in math, physics, and EM theory... okay, never mind that.

More as it happens.

No comments: