Monday, October 24, 2022

Inkzall™ markers are no joke (an uncompensated endorsement)

 This is an unsolicited plug for Milwaukee brand InkZall™ markers, which arrived on the market making two promises:


#1, the marks won't fade (I'm testing that in the sun vs. a Sharpie right this very minute - but it'll take a few weeks/months)

#2, they will make a permanent mark on almost all hard-to-mark surfaces which give other products trouble, the classic example being oily / greasy metal.

 So far I have tested Inkzall markers on oily metal fresh from the mill, rusty metal (not fresh) from the scrap yard, glass, and silicone rubber.

 I stopped there, because I ran out of surfaces which I've ever had trouble marking with a Sharpie, and the Inkzall does all of them.




 In all fairness, some markers do glass just fine namely, most solvent-based markers.  I've seen loads of markers that make clear marks on glass.

Wax was the one surface I thought would be hardest to make a clean, non-beading mark on.  Guess not... yeah, I couldn't remember the name of the markers - it has worn off of the two that I have when I made the photo...

 There is one other little feature of interest to those who wear hard hats: the marker's clip was designed specifically to clip onto the brim of a hard had neatly.

  Of course, the extra performance doesn't come for free: these things run about five dollars apiece, which is I think somewhere around twice the price of Sharpies. 

 I think they're impressive, but I probably wouldn't be using them if not for the fact I can get them at a discount. :)

1 comment:

MiCTLaN said...

I'm gonna have to find one of those locally to see if they'll stand up to Florida sun and rain on PVC. I've marked the valves to my pool pump several times now and they keep fading away. I keep standing there wondering which one is the skimmer and which one is the vacuum.