Monday, January 2, 2023

my slow progress isn't all on me- I've had help!

 "This package is delayed due to severe weather in the delivery network."


 Nah, horseshit Amazon; this package was delayed because you had it right here in Denver, but instead of dropping it at my house, you sent it to a ski resort sixty miles west of here, up in the mountains, and then you had to send it back to Denver.  Well done, Amazon.  Golf clap.

 So now you say it is "expected" by today.  Expected by who??

 And this shit has been constant.

ex: I have a major network upgrade for the garage, my shop, and my wife's office which is held up for lack of a $5 wall-wart and a $3 conduit nipple which I have to drive out to the 'burbs to purchase.

ex: I broke off a tap in a piece of work which is essentially irreplaceable, so I spent eight or ten man-hours trying unsuccessfully to remove it, and I had to buy another tap before I could finish the other holes.

 My slow progress (on anything worth blogging about, at least) has not been held up by the lack of big expensive items or by serious back injuries or meteor strikes.  No, progress has been glacial because of an endless parade of seemingly trivial yet effective setbacks.  I don't know why the gods wish me to fail, but it's clear that they do.

~≈{O}≈~

 PS: on an unrelated note, I wanted to point out another reason for the rarity of my posts: I'm trying to only post about what I myself am actually doing.  I'm trying NOT to post "helpful hints" about topics of interest which can be found all over the net.

 So for example, I won't post about how to stop a Raspberry Pi from fighting with a Creality 3DP control board, because that's well documented and _I_ am catching up in that regard, I'm doing nothing different there.

 However, I absolutely am blogging about the temperature control system I've made for my printer's enclosure, and will eventually do a proper write-up with entirely too many pictures, because:
A) I haven't found anyone else doing that, anywhere, not even on the Creality discord
B) It might actually be useful to other people who need to run their printer in a too-cool room
C) Making a fancy (heating only) temperature control system is much, much, easier than one might think, and does not require an EE degree to do, with today's readily available and inexpensive parts.

 That sort of thing might actually be worth typing up a long windy document, not to mention wrasslin' with Blogger's primitive image-handling. :)

No comments: