Tuesday, September 19, 2023

in the mean time... some light reading

 Have you ever wondered about the origin of the humble "miniature" neon lamp? (NE-2, etc)

 Me neither.

 But Fran Blanche posted about this fellow, and I read the Wikipedia page about him, and I found his story interesting enough (despite the inventor's tragic end) that I suspect my readers will find it interesting as well.

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_McFarlan_Moore

 I'm sorry I still haven't much to report from the workshop.  Covid took a lot out of both my wife and I, and my energy levels just aren't up to any extra effort.  Work takes a lot out of me, because standing and walking on concrete floors for eight hours is exhausting to my coworkers who are half my age. It's hard on your knees, ankles, feet... ask any nurse!  So all my energy reserves go to making minimum wage, then my days off are spent recovering from my job.

 All whining aside, the main shop project is still the lifting cart.  There is incremental work I could be doing on it, but it would help me tremendously if I had the three inch (or so) steel tube or thin-walled pipe that will be the mast.

 So that's what I'll be working on when I can.

 Unfortunately, no other interesting projects on the burner right now.

More as it happens though, I promise.

No comments: