Friday, April 19, 2024

what's up?

 I haven't forgotten about this blog, but it seems I never fully recovered from our second bout with COVID so I haven't been doing anything worth blogging about.  I'm getting gray faster than I am finishing needed repair jobs around the house, never mind hobby projects.

 I am struggling with some PTSD symptoms due to world affairs and - as always - money worries, although we have extraordinary friends who sometimes swoop in unasked and bestow funds upon our bewildered heads when real crisis looms.  We are incredibly blessed.  So we won't starve or lose our home, I think.  Funny how much more frugal one becomes, when one is spending someone else's money.

 I had a couple friends over recently who helped us tremendously by moving an old failed (and yuge) water heater out of our basement, and lower the new one in.  So this moved me to clean the shop a little before they came over.  I hadn't seen either of these fellows in a long minute and it was really good for me.  I feel antisocial a lot of the time these days, but I'm realizing I still need to be social with people I like and/or care about.

Identifying a few unfinished projects lying about tweaked my guilt/irritation factor about them, and weakly put the seed of ambition back in place.  We'll see.  House stuff has to happen before hobby/shop projects and one of those things is fixing the heat which services my shop, my wife's office/streaming space, and the garage...

 More as it happens.  Assuming we don't all get vaporized soon...

And we will all bake together when we bake.There'll be nobody present at the wake.With complete participationIn that grand incineration,Nearly three billion hunks of well-done steak.
 -- Tom Lehrer

No comments: