Sunday, August 30, 2026

Just For Today...

 Since the 1970s, there have been these saccharine “Just For Today” posters, usually covered in bullshit sappy aphorisms written by people who have lead sheltered lives, and usually ripping off George Harrison’s song of the same name for the first two paragraphs!

 I insist we all deserve something better
, something more attuned to our generations.

Just For Today…

• Just for today, I will not watch, read, or listen to, the news.

• Just for today, I will not doom-scroll.

• Just for today, I will stay the hell off of YouTube.

• Just for today, I will not be a good little consumer.


• Just for today, I will read (or at least start) a book.

• Just for today, I will call an old friend I haven’t heard from in a while.


• Just for today, I will donate blood. (please don’t do this every day)



• Just for today, I will ignore other people’s attempts to tell me how to live. ;)

 ~≈{👁}≈~

No comments: