A few posts ago, I sang the praises of fiberglass scratch brushes. Since using the new one a bit, I noticed the brush end had developed 'split ends' and is now very soft and more-importantly, non-abrasive.
In other words, it's fucking useless now. WTH?
So now I will go buy an Excelta*, which is what I had my original positive experiences with, and I will throw this PoS in the trash.
I assume the original has a more brittle glass in the bristles, I dunno. These have gone soft on the ends, and under a loupe, they look like human hair with split ends. The opposite breakdown behavior from what we want. We want the tips to chip, crack, or break off (eventually) but not to split, ever.
~≈{👁}≈~
"There is hardly anything in the world that the Chinese cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and people who consider price only are China's lawful prey." - J.A. Richards, updated
(it was never John Ruskin)
___________________
* yup, the Swiss wait, California? Wow. Anyway the $60 tweezer & $150 pliers people.
No comments:
Post a Comment