Friday, December 15, 2023

again: what's taking so long?

In June, my wife and I got Covid for the second time and this time it laid us low.
This impacted my attendance at work; I was out for weeks and I'm paid by the hour.

In late summer, we got RSV.  Or the worst case of flu ever.  Doc thinks RSV.
My healthcare organization doesn't have the vaccine for it yet.
This impacted my attendance at work.

In late fall, I began to develop planter fasciitis; it has since become intermittently severe.
This makes using my feet for anything very unpleasant.
This also impacted my attendance at work.

At the start of December, my employer decided to punish my illnesses absences by cutting my hours by 60%.  So now I am there even less; that'll teach my, er, co-workers?
IOW, we were broke before they forked me (right before Christmas, too, wasn't that nice?) so we are even more broke now.

So, THAT is what has been taking so long.  For everything, not just this hoist cart.

"Food, clothing, firing, rent, taxes, respectability, and children.
Nothing can lift those seven millstones from man’s neck but
money; and the spirit cannot soar until the millstones are lifted." - GB Shaw

No comments: