Wednesday, January 3, 2024

video thing test

 This is a test print, intended to disclose how well the bed has been leveled.  I print several nested squares, then measure their thickness in a few places with calipers.  The outer square is enough for basic leveling, but if you compare it to several other squares you can check for curvature.

  And yes, I am using automatic mesh bed leveling with a BLtouch probe.
If it seems that I am going to lengths on this, let me tell you: perfect bed leveling will eliminate one of the most common causes for poor first layer adhesion.

Mine is acceptable right now, but I won't be happy until the mesh display is near zeros everywhere.
Blogger will not let me flow the above text around the video no matter what I try.  Weak. Sauce.
 
 

Mein Gott in Himmel!! Do you realize what this MEANS??

It means my printer is back online, that's what it means. ;)

I mean... it prints... not to say how well.  It is far from where it can and should be, with blebs on the underside of the kodama's curved head, and such-like.  I just need to do flow and temp towers with this filament.  I expect I was running it too hot, TBH.  Also retract.

 A lot of print parameters are different now with a new, higher-wattage hotend, a new heat break and heatsink, everything but the fans. To be honest, I should probably upgrade the work fan and maybe the nozzle/heatsink fan.



I have all these cool looking filaments, wanna print now, waaa

administrivia:

1) I bumped the text size because it seemed to me not everyone sits two feet from a twenty-seven inch monitor, and the text seemed rather small to me so I figured it would be hard to read on smaller monitors.

B. I need to find a new blogging platform because Blogger is a serious pain in the ass to use.  Why can't I flow text around video inserts without a struggle and mysterious behaviors? Soo clunky!

No comments: