You like flashlights? Let me tell you about Fenix Lighting. This is not a promotional thing, Fenix doesdn't know I exist. I am not a shill.
I got into them during the old Candlepower Forums days, when someone was verifying flashlight brands' claimed output lumens vs. actual, measured in a real integrating sphere.
Fenix was the ONLY outfit out of more than twenty, that did not exaggerate their output. Ok, cool as far as it goes.
Their construction and materials are top-notch. Type 4 Hard Anodize has kept my old light looking near new even now. Hardly any scratches, yet I've used it constantly.
There is some choice as to switch location, depending on model. Their hard-coated, toughened-glass ;enses won't scratch with a concerted effort and they are nearly unbreakable.
I ended up with a EDC "penlight" and a bike head light. They are both adequately bright when turned up, and have several light levels. Both have seen heavy use and have held up well. I like how they work. The bike light has a warning light on its indicator which lets you know a recharge is required, before it will no longer run on high. When I've neglected it, and gone for a ride when it needs a charge, I can usually finish my ride even with the light on full/high.
I've had them for more than twenty years now, and had occasion to call in for help once with the flashlight. Their customer service was excellent. Other uses have reported similar.
I've used both heavily for a long time, and it's now time to buy a new EDC "pen" light. I broke a piece of unimportant glamour plastic off the bike light, but it continues to work fine in all weather conditions, hot, cold, and/or wet.
To replace the penlight, I picked out another "old fashioned" (long and slender, when the trend has been toward short and fatter because 18650s exist) unit that is basically an updated version of my old light.
The new one runs off of either your own AAs (disposable or rechargeable) or Fenix's Li-Ion battery pack. I bought the The only reason I prefer AA format instead of say, 18650s, is to keep the diameter down because I carry it in a Nite Ize belt pouch. (also recommended product) -- no charger needed, the battery pack has a USB-C connector.
(for cylindrical cells of all types smaller than C, I also recommend the NiteCore Intellicharger i4, which will automatically identify cell chemistry, and will charge any rechargeable battery which will fit into it:
Li-ion/IMR/LiFePO4: 10340, 10350, 10440, 10500, 12340, 12500, 12650, 13450, 13500, 13650, 14350, 14430, 14500, 14650, 16500, **16340(CR123)**, 16650, 17350, 17500, 17650, 17670, 18350, 18490, 18500, **18650**, 18700, 20700, 22500, 22650, 25500, 26500, 26650
Ni-MH(NiCd): AA, AAA, AAAA, C, D
Q: OK, that's all well and good, they make nice lights, I get it, but so what? Surely other makes are good as well?
A: Yes but: 25% Military Discount and free shipping.
LD22 V2.0 light: $65.95
ARB-L14 battery: $12.95
military discount: -19.72 (25%!)
shipping: FREE (on any order over $25)
total: $59.18
They use either GOV-X or ID.ME to verify your vet status. Recommended company, recommended products. They are also popular, so I would not buy their stuff via Amazon or other resellers, just buy direct from the web site.
No comments:
Post a Comment