Thursday, August 13, 2020

Face Cutter, O Face Cutter - where the fuck art thou, O Face Cutter?

 Mah new milling cutter has vanished into that interstitial Hilbert Space between two parcel carriers:

"Orange Connex" (OCL) in China, and... whoever they handed it off to in the USA after it cleared customs.

 I am used to dealing with the Chinese Postal Service (which isn't too bad, honestly) which hands off to US Postal Service here.  They seem to inter-operate their tracking numbers as well, which is awfully nice.

 This shipment's tracking number works for OCL only, which ceased to be relevant once the shipment entered U.S. Customs. The shipment cleared customs on Aug. 7, and according to OCL's last hand-off message, "Arrived At Destination Hub".  Well, they sorta neglected to mention WHICH "destination hub", ie; WHICH SERVICE it was handed to - the US Postal Service, UPS, DHL, FedEx, Billy-Bob's Bait & Parcel Service, or what.

 I asked the seller whether they knew who OCL hands off to, but they have not yet responded.

 It is not likely to be US Postal Service, because we have a magical service available called Informed Delivery, which sends us, via email, a notification of every single piece of snail-mail they receive which is destined for us, along with a B&W photo of the item, regardless of whether it is personal, commercial, junk mail, advertising and coupon fliers, or a package.

 US Post Informed Delivery doesn't know about any packages coming from China, so presumably it was handed off to one of the commercial services.  I wish I knew which one.

 The seller predicted a delivery time of August 14 - September 9, which I accepted when I bought it, so technically it's not late, and really, I have no reason to doubt it will turn up eventually... I'm just spoiled by the modern world, and I'm bored and eager to get my grubby little mitts (er, well, grubby large mitts) on the thing so I can evaluate and use it.

 UPDATE: jackass seller responded with a bunch of blather about why my package could be late - I never said it was late - and they failed to answer the one and only question I asked.

  So I asked again, and explained why I was asking (which was none of his business, actually) and I held his little baby hand until he stopped crying, but his Feedback-O-Meter is winding downward rapidly.

No comments: